Welcome to the Thailand travel resources page.
I’m guessing you fall into one of two categories:
A. You're planning a trip through South-East Asia, and Thailand will be a port of call along the way.
B. You are already on your travels / have been here before and are about to begin exploring.
Whether you fall into category A or B, I have devised this page as a rapid-access resource for articles that I think will be of greatest use to you when traveling in Thailand.
I’ve been living in Thailand for over 12 years, and in that time I've traveled to every corner of the Kingdom. From the Laos influenced Northeast to the Malay influenced South, it's such a wonderful country with a huge diversity of culture.
Using my experience, I'm here to make your travel experience as smooth as possible. So let's get started.
Note: I highly recommend bookmarking this page for easy reference going forward (click “bookmarks” > “bookmark this page” if you’re using Google Chrome).
Thailand Travel Guides
- Planning Your Trip (The ultimate guide)
- Choose the Right Backpack: 6 Easy Steps (Get the right one for you)
- Do You Need a Tourist Visa?
- Get the Best Travel Insurance (Do not forget this!)
- Vaccinations (Know exactly what jabs you need)
- Get a Multi-Currency Debit Card (Revolut is a popular one)
- The Complete Thailand Weather Guide (Know when to travel & where)
- A Geek in Thailand (a superb fast-track guide to Thai culture, past & present)
- Thailand Travel 101 (Do it safely & cost-effectively)
- Weather by Region Guide (Know when to travel & where)
- Solo Female Travel Guide (For the ladies by a lady)
- Book train, bus and ferry tickets (Guarantee your seats)
- Get a Thai Sim Card (Save money on roaming charges)
- Bringing Meds? Know the Laws (Your mom will want you to read this)
- Luggage Storage Options (Keep bags safe while you sight-see)
- How to Get from Bangkok to Chiang Mai (A common trip)
- Taking the Bus From Thailand to Laos (Border run or trip)
- How to Get from Bangkok to Koh Samui (The plane isn't cheap!)
- How to Take the Ferry from Pattaya to Hua Hin (A fairly new service)
- Best Guest Houses in Chiang Mai (Cheap and cheerful)
- 10 Most Luxurious Hotels in Bangkok (Go on, treat yourself for a night)
- Book a Hotel (Best rates)
- Best Surfing Spots in Thailand (Catch the best waves)
- 25 Best Trekking Trails (Plus some necessary advice)
- Best Diving Sites (Plus info on weather & safety)
- 14 Beaches Other Travelers Don't Want You to Find (Get your notepad out)
- The Railay Beach Guide (One of the best beaches in Thailand)
- 9 Best Beaches on Koh Chang (Know where to go)
- Karon Beach – Phuket (On the shore video review)
- Kata Beach – Phuket (On the shore video review)
- Let's Go to Koh Larn (A real pretty island)
- Let's Visit Koh Mak (Nestled in a marine park)
- 24 Best Diving Sites in Thailand (know where to dive & when)
- 15 Things to Do in Koh Samui (Everyone's favorite tourist island)
- One Day in Bangkok (My ultimate itinerary)
- 25 Fun Trips, Tours & Activities (you'll not find a better list, anywhere!)
- A Guide to the BTS (Skytrain)
- 12 Best Markets in Bangkok (Save time & money)
- A Guide to MBK (A shopper's paradise)
- A Guide to Khao San Road (The backpacker Mecca)
- The Maeklong Railway (Cuts right through a market)
- The Grand Palace (History & pics to wet your appetite)
- Wat Arun (the temple of dawn)
- Wat Thammamongkhon (See a lock of Buddhas real hair – epic!)
- 35 Best Co-Working Spaces in Bangkok (Catch up your blogging & emails)
- Charming Hua Hin (Beach-side town 3 hours from Bangkok)
- Enchanting Pai (A rite of passage for travelers)
- Chiang Mai Elephant Sanctuary (A real eye opener into the truth)
- Doi Inthanon (The highest peak in Thailand)
- James Bond Island (A must for film fans)
- Chanthaburi Travel Guide (Gemstone province)
- Kanchanaburi Guide (A historical province)
- Map of Thailand (Map out your trip province-by-province)
- Map of Koh Samui (An awesome map of this epic island)
- Map of Isaan (The delightful, unexplored Northeast)
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Thai Culture (The everyday & the strange)
- What to Wear in Thailand (Know when to cover up)
- Learn How, Who & When to Wai! (You’ll thank me for this)
- Tipping Etiquette: When, Who & How Much to Tip
- Find Out What’s Behind a Thai Smile (All 13 of Them!)
- Box Jellyfish: High-Risk Areas & Prevention Methods (Worth being aware of)
- 7 Common Scams to Avoid (Read this. Thank me later)
- Beware! The Grand Palace Scam (It's not closed!)
Useful Thai Words:
- How to Use Kráp and Kâ (The Thai Politeness Particles)
- 10 Things You Can Say Other Than “Hello” (Very useful)
- Everyday Thai Phrases (Mix with the locals)
- Directions & Places in Thai (You will need this!)
You'll find more helpful articles in the “related post content” section at the end of each article. Alternatively, use the top navigation or search bar on each page.
See you in the future.
Peter – TheThailandlife.com Founder
Last Updated on