It's strange. Of all the simple “must know” Thai words, I come across so many foreigners learning Thai who don't know how to refer to other people using words like “he, she, they, we, adult, old person, teenager”, that sort of thing.
This is so important when it comes to stringing basic sentences together in everyday conversation. Even as a tourist, these simple references to others are important for explaining who did what in a particular situation. In fact, just knowing the 14 words in this lesson will massively ramp up your ability to speak conversational Thai.
In this video lesson, you'll learn the essential words for referring to yourself and others. I've also given you the transcript below the video so you can practice writing Thai too.
Video Lesson Transcript
1. You – Khun – คุณ
2. Me/I – Chan (female) – ฉัน / Phom (male) ผม
3. Him/he – Khao phu chai – เขาผู้ชาย
4. Her/she – Khao phu ying เขาผู้หญิง
5. We/us – Rao – เรา
6. They – Phuak khao – พวกเขา
7. Man – Phu chai ผู้ชาย
8. Woman – Phu ying – ผู้หญิง
9. Old person – Phu sung ayu – ผู้สูงอายุ
10. Adult – Phu yai – ผู้ใหญ่
11. Teenager – Way ruun – วัยรุ่น
12. Child – Dek – เด็ก
13. Baby – Taarok – ทารก
14. People – Khon – คน
Last Updated on