Welcome to The Thailand Life, great to have you on board.
Learning Thai is essential to enjoy the full Thai experience. I have found it brings so many benefits:
- Get out of the tourist trap and into real Thailand!
- Better understand Thai culture and how Thai people interact with each other
- Better communicate with your Thai partner
- Avoid being ripped off and get better discounts in markets and shops
- Be able to communicate in emergencies like accidents, travel delays and disputes
- Attract a diverse group of Thai friends
- Increase your chances of finding a job in Thailand/succeeding in business
- And so much more…
Here are links to 3 free Thai lessons. You can download them to your computer by right clicking on the screen when they load, or simply listen to them on the page. The lessons will play automatically.
1) Absolute Beginner Lesson 1 – “How To Greet Someone In Perfect Thai”
2) Beginner Lesson 1 – “A little Bit Of This And That In Thailand”
3) Lower Intermediate Lesson 1 – “There's Always Time For A Thai Curry Break”
If you want to continue learning Thai from home then you should check out the program I use, ThaiPod101. Being able to learn on the go, at home, on my iPod, in internet cafes and even on the beach has exponentially increased my ability to speak Thai. Signing up is free, as is access to lots of free lessons. Get a free lifetime account here.
If you have any questions feel free to drop me an email.
I wish you every success with learning Thai.