This post is a supplementary resource for the popular ‘Thai imports’ post written here, and will be maintained and updated when new supplier contact details are added (subject to a clearance check).
Below you can download the Thai Exporters Directory to find companies that can help you trade products between your home country and Thailand. I take no responsibility for any dealings you may have with theses companies.
Whoever you decide to do business with, like all business ventures, importing goods from Thailand comes with a risk of loss of investment. That said, hundreds of thousands of people trade successfully with Thailand every day, and success always seems to boil down to three key factors
- Research your market thoroughly: Find out where there is a demand and fill that demand. Don’t try to reinvent the wheel, so to speak. Find out what makes money and do it better than your competitor(s).
- Always test the water with a small sample of your product before placing a big order that could hurt you financially.
- Factor in shipping costs and import tax during your research. This is usually the make or break of a profit margin.
- Properly vet your supplier before establishing a working relationship. Never pay for a full shipment of goods upfront. Always use an escrow service to protect your payment (if possible).
- Ensure that all product transactions fall within the laws of both Thailand and your home country.
Before starting your import business, I strongly recommend you read this guide written by an experienced import/export entrepreneur. This book is full of industry-insider golden nuggets that from someone who has succeeded in importing goods from countries like Thailand.
Thai Exporters Directory
If you are a supplier and would like to be added to the updated directory, you must send me the following information. I will then investigate your company for suitability and decide if you are eligible for the directory:
Registered Company Name: